Whether shopping online or looking for a business’ address or phone number, people today often turn to the internet first for information about businesses and products — making an online presence one of the most valuable assets for any business; not just to share information, but to build credibility.
7 Reasons Why Your Offline Business Must Have an Online Presence.
1. Improving Your Company Image: This alone should be enough reason to start a new website and begin selling online. It’s an extremely important factor considering that without a website or online presence prospective clients could begin to wonder how serious you are about business. Today, companies of all sizes and industries are establishing a successful online presence. You need to have an online presence because your prospects and customers expect you to have one.
2. It provides social proof: Ninety percent of consumers claim that online reviews influence their buying decisions. Since potential buyers are already looking for you online, including customer testimonials on your site is a great way to impress potential buyers.
3. 24/7 365 Hour Availability: Your online business isn’t limited by store opening hours or your own working schedule. By getting online, customers can find out about your business, and reach you at any time.
4. To Connect with Customers: The online world is the perfect place to build relationships with clients, via online messaging or posts, content sharing, receiving reviews, or responding to questions.
5. You’ll show up in Google search results: Consider this: 81 percent of consumers perform online research before making a purchase. If you don’t have a website for your business, the chances of showing up on the search engine like Google are zero. But if you have a site, you can optimize it for search engines, thereby increasing your chances of appearing at the top of Google’s results and getting more visibility with potential customers.
6. Better Customer Support: With an online presence, you can give them just the information that they are looking for, and just when they are looking for it. This means fewer phone calls with technical questions and more sales. You can spend more time working on the revenue generating activities in your business and spend less time handling common customer service issues.
7. Very Low Start-up Costs: Starting out online means very low startup costs. You have no buildings to construct, no vehicles to buy and few (if any) staff to hire. Simply build your site and start selling. If you are already selling offline then the transition can be very smooth. You continue selling the same products that you know and have a good supply of. Putting your company online simply gives you a new source of customers.
How can I get my Business Online?
1. Start with Social Media & Business Listing: Social Media is the perfect place to build up your online business presence and engage with your customers. Create a Facebook page for your business, and ask your current customers to follow you. Here you can post updates, offers, photos and other content that users will be interested in.
2. Google my Business: Google My Business offers business owners to edit information that will appear in Google Search, such as open hours, addresses, phone numbers, and photos. It targets people around your business location if they do search on google related to your business.
3) Create a Website: A website acts as your ‘Store Front’ for the online world. If you’re really looking to build your business in the online field, and perhaps sell products online, a website is definitely something you should think about.
4) Index Website with Seo – Online Business: Once you’ve taken the steps mentioned above, you’ll more than likely have started to benefit as a business from doing so. Perhaps at this time, you’ll decide you want to grow your business further online? We feel the best place to be seen is in Google Search results!
5) Look professional – Business Email: Make your business professional with custom domain mail, example: email@example.com. Buy an email on a custom domain with Prism Infosys.
Having a website is an integral part of your business strategy. Aside from the benefits we’ve mentioned above, marketing is the most important one. There are lots of ways to advertise your products or services. Printed materials such as business cards, magazine ads and flyers are easily misplaced. TV and radio commercials have a time limit and air at preset times. A website provides a permanent location, with infinite possibilities for the information it can convey.
Here at Prism Infosys, we have a team of experts. They know all about how the search engines work, and what they look for on web pages. We can build you a new website from scratch, or work with an existing site to do this.